A podcamp, specifically is an unconference about blogs, wikis, podcasts, vidcasts and other social or “new” media. The idea was first introduced by Chris Brogan. The unique thing about a podcamp is that all the information is podcasted and released under a creative commons license afterwards.The why:
- why not a podcamp in Halifax, Nova Scotia?
- we never had a podcamp in Halifax before.
- based on what I see and hear out in the world, I think there is an opportunity for a New Media Rennaissance in Halifax. A podcamp could spark that IMHO.
- it’s an opportunity to meet other people who are interested/curious/enthusiastic about New Media. How could you not be interested?
- Oh yeah. There will be refreshments too.