My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://ingenioustries.com/blog/
and update your bookmarks.

My name's Joel Kelly and I live in Halifax, NS.

I'm a 20something guy doing digital and social media strategy for a Halifax-based marketing agency.

I'm a vegan nerd and marketing asshole.

You should follow me on Twitter.

Contact me about whatever (like, say, your marketing questions) at joelkellyATgmail.com

Monday, July 6, 2009

Video Monday 2: What's a story?

My second Video Monday post about what a blog story means to me.

Video is shaky at the beginning of this one. Video Mondays are a work in progress.

5 comments:

Kathryn said...

Good point. People remember stories and they love to re-tell stories.In order to tell a story there has to be a context.

Nice. Thanks for this.

Anthony said...

Giving context makes a lot of sense.

There are plenty of blogs out there about marketing so there has to be a reason why people read your stuff.

Your story is the reason.

I'm still working on funneling the passion people see in my real life connections into my blog.

Thanks for the help and advice!

And congrats on making video Monday a "thing." I know how hard it is to be consistent.

Joel Kelly said...

Kathryn: Glad you liked it! You're quite right.

Anthony: Exactly, man. Glad you liked it!

new_punishment said...

Dude - the trimmed beard rocks!

Joel Kelly said...

Haha, thanks Darrin :P