My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://ingenioustries.com/blog/
and update your bookmarks.

My name's Joel Kelly and I live in Halifax, NS.

I'm a 20something guy doing digital and social media strategy for a Halifax-based marketing agency.

I'm a vegan nerd and marketing asshole.

You should follow me on Twitter.

Contact me about whatever (like, say, your marketing questions) at joelkellyATgmail.com

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Things I couldn't live without

My video podcasts. Even though I feel like I'm working 24/7 nowadays, I still make sure I make time to watch The Totally Rad Show, Diggnation, Webb Alert, and others.

And yet I don't feel that way at all about anything on TV. Even Lost, which I'd watched religiously, doesn't command that kind of ritual anymore. I haven't watched Battlestar Galactica, which is my favorite show on TV right now, for the last three weeks. I didn't even realize that The Office was back on.

I'm not sure whether that says something good about the future of new media, or something really, really bad about the state of television. Or maybe it can be both.

I wrote about my favorite video podcasts on YouMakeMedia.com a while ago:
Play Digital, Totally Rad Show, Webb Alert, Web Drifter, Vegan A Go-Go, Geek Brief TV, BoingBoing TV

Am I alone in this, or does the Internet really provide a better video entertainment experience now?

2 comments:

Matt Davey said...

Nope, I used to be avidly into podcasts I am now working and watching television (the dire productivity killer) especially Battlestar Galactica. Im just not entertained by podcasts anymore I am still in the same situation as a designer I guess its individual interests.

Justin Gill said...

I've just canceled my high definiton package through my cable provider. I realized I hadn't watched a mainstream tv show on "tv" for three months. Why pay for something you aren't using.

I love the some of the rev 3 productions - especially Diggnation.

I definitely get 80% of my content from the media. I do however enjoy the weather channel on a saturday morning.