My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://ingenioustries.com/blog/
and update your bookmarks.

My name's Joel Kelly and I live in Halifax, NS.

I'm a 20something guy doing digital and social media strategy for a Halifax-based marketing agency.

I'm a vegan nerd and marketing asshole.

You should follow me on Twitter.

Contact me about whatever (like, say, your marketing questions) at joelkellyATgmail.com

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Get rid of your splash page

It's just a speed bump. It's an obstruction.

It's bad for the user.

It's a sign that says, "Turn back, because this is how the rest of your experience will be."

Just get rid of it, okay?

Oh, and if you have a splash page that says, "Loading," what are you doing? You're saying, "Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to come to my website. You didn't have to, you probably didn't even need to. You just wanted to. Now wait, dammit."

And if you need a more tangible business-related reason to get rid of it: It's bad for SEO, all right?

No comments: